Delivery Information and FAQs
Our full delivery terms are set out in our terms available here but we have set out below some further useful information and FAQs about delivery.
We are a small local business so we will always try to help if you need something urgently, if your postcode is not quite within our delivery area or if you are trying to place an order after 8pm for same day delivery. Please call or email us and if we can and we have capacity to deliver we will.
Free Local Same Day Delivery:
Do we deliver every day?
We don’t usually deliver locally on a Sunday or Monday but if you have an event planned please let us know in advance and we should be able to help.
We do not deliver on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day.
Where do we deliver to same day and what times?
Free local same day delivery is available to a selection of local postcodes (currently CM1, CM2, CM3, CM8 & CM9 as well as CO1, CO2, CO3, CO4, CO5, CO6) for orders placed and accepted before 8pm subject to T&C’s and availability. We deliver from noon up to 9pm on our delivery days.
When you place your order you will be asked to confirm your delivery preference window (afternoon or evening).
Our delivery windows are between noon and 5pm for an afternoon preference, or 5pm and 9pm for the evening.
Is there a minimum order for free same day delivery?
Yes, there is a minimum order for free same day delivery.
We offer free local delivery for the following orders:
- £30 or more to CM8, CM9 and CO5
- £40 or more to CM1, CM2, CM3, CO1, CO2, CO3, CO4 and CO6.
If you wish to place an order for less than the minimum order requirements above we will apply a delivery charge to cover our costs.
What if your postcode is not covered?
If your postcode is not covered for free local same day delivery please call or email us, it may be we can still deliver to you same day for a small delivery charge or free of charge depending on the value/size of the order you wish to place.
Do you have to be at home for delivery?
Our alcohol licence requires us to operate a strict Challenge 25 Policy at sale and delivery points. You will have been asked, when using our website to verify you are over the legal drinking age. If we cannot verify this at delivery, and you have not followed our Safe Place Policy, we must refuse to deliver the order.
If you are not going to be at home when we deliver you can use our Safe Place Policy. Simply reply to your order confirmation email with the following information:
- Confirming that you may not be in when we deliver;
- Confirming your safe place at your address where we can leave your order; and
- Send us a photograph or scan of your photographic ID confirming your date of birth and address. For licensing reasons this would need to be the same as the delivery address and the ID should match the name on the debit card used for placing the order.
Once the order is delivered to your safe place, you are responsible for the products and ensuring that they are stored in line with any instructions on the packaging.
We cannot accept liability for orders that are lost or stolen after they have been delivered by us to your safe place.
How much do I need to spend for free delivery?
We offer free nationwide delivery on orders of £150 or more (UK Mainland Only). Orders are usually dispatched using Parcelforce Express 24.
If we are able to schedule collection of your order on the same day the order was placed then you should receive your order the next working day. If no collection is available by Parcelforce on the day you have placed your order it will be collected on the next working day and should be delivered to you within 24 hours of dispatch.
Please note there are additional charges for a weekend delivery, Isle of Wight postcodes, Northern Ireland, the Highlands & Isles of Scilly.
What are the charges for delivery?
Parcelforce Express 24 Delivery:
- UK Mainland £9.99
- Weekend Delivery £21.99
Charges in addition to the above (where applicable):
- The Highlands and Islands of Scotland £9.93
- Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly £15.90
- Isle of Wight £6.00
(Prices inclusive of VAT)
Is there a cut off time for the Parcelforce Express 24 hour delivery service?
Our cut off time for the Parcelforce Express 24 service is 12pm.
There are certain days that we cannot arrange for a courier to collect (this will be shown when you place your order and select your delivery date):
- Orders placed on a Friday will be dispatched the following Monday and should be delivered the following Tuesday.
- Orders placed on a Monday-Wednesday will usually be collected by Parcelforce the following day and dispatched on an express 24hr service.
- Orders placed on a Thursday will be collected on Friday and can be delivered on a Saturday provided the Saturday delivery surcharge has been paid. If a Saturday delivery surcharge has not been paid those orders will be dispatched on the 48 hour service and should arrive the following Monday.